Prof. Giovanni Zucchelli DDS PhD
- Graduated in 1988 from the university of Bologna, Italy with a degree in dentistry.
- He was awarded PhD in Medical Biotechnology in 1999 from the University of Bologna, Italy:
- Professor of periodontology at the University of Bologna, Italy from 2000
- Received many awards for clinical research in periodontology in Europe and the United States.
- In 2006 and 2008 is the winner of The AAP
- Foundation-E Bud Tarrson Reasearch Award in Oral Plastic Surgery
- Active member of EAED (European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry),SIdP (Italian Society of Periodontology) and SIO (Italian Society of Osteointegration); member of the European Federation of Periodontology
- Associate Editor of the International Journal of Esthetic Dentistry and Member of the editorial board the International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry.
- Peer reviewer in most ranked Periodontal Journals
- Author of 100 pubblications in Pubmed
- Innovator of several soft tissue plastic surgical techniques
- Speaker at major international conferences on periodontology
- Has taught theoretical and practical (with live Surgery) courses in all countries.
- Co-author of two illustrated textbooks on periodontal plastic surgery (Ed. Martina)
- Co-author of chapter “Mucogingival Therapy-Periodontal Plastic Surgery” in Clinical Periodontology and Implant Dentistry (Lindhe J, Lang NP, Karring T [eds], Wiley-Blackwel
- Author of the book title, ‘Mucogingival Esthetic Surgery’ from Quintessence Publishing.